Pink 47 Elderflower Mint Julep
ELDERFLOWR MINT JULEPA real thirst quencher with ginger and a kick.
- Glass: Traditionally a Julep Tin but any similar glass would work
- Time: 3 mins
- Difficulty: 6/10
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Alcohol Units: 2.8
- Origin: Famously served at
the Kentucky Derby
INGREDIENTS6cl. Pink 47 Gin
3cl. Elderflower cordial
3cl. Fresh apple juice
10. Fresh mint leaves
TIPSDo not crush the mint leaves or you will release bitter oils.
Chill the glass first and use plenty of ice to chill the drink quickly and reduce dilution.
1. Into the julep tin squeeze the juice of the lemon wedge
2. Roll the mint leaves in your hands to release their flavour
3. Add together with crushed ice
4. Pour in the Pink 47, elderflower cordial, apple juice
5. Churn all the ingredients together
6. Over-fill with crushed ice
7. Cup with your hand to make a solid cap to reduce dilution
8. Add sprig of mint to garnish and two straws alongside
Pink 47 is a highly distinctive London Dry Gin offered in a unique diamond shaped bottle.
It is made using a delicious recipe carefully crafted in small batches with a mix of ten different botanicals
The result is a gin of full and complex flavour. Four times distilled and at 47% alcohol by volume, it is perfect for cocktails: strong and smooth with a crisp and compelling finish.