Pink 47 Knickerbocker
PINK 47 KNICKERBOCKERThis Martiniesque cocktail is the epitome of old New York.
- Glass: Martini
- Time: 2 mins
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Alcohol Units: 3.6
- Origin: Ultimate Bar Book
by Mittie Hellmich 2006
INGREDIENTS6cl. Pink 47 gin
3cl. Dry vermouth
1.5cl. Sweet vermouth
Angostura bitters – a dash
GARNISHLemon peel twist
TIPSThis cocktail needs to be cold!
So chill the glass first and use plenty of ice in the tin to chill the drink quickly and reduce dilution.
PREPERATION1. Chill a martini glass with ice and water
2. Fill the tin half of a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
3. Add the gin, vermouth, bitters and stir
4. Empty the glass, shaking out any remaining water
5. Strain the cocktail into the glass
6. Run the lemon peel around the edge of the glass
7. Twist it over the drink and drop it in
Pink 47 is a highly distinctive London Dry Gin offered in a unique diamond shaped bottle.
It is made using a delicious recipe carefully crafted in small batches with a mix of ten different botanicals
The result is a gin of full and complex flavour. Four times distilled and at 47% alcohol by volume, it is perfect for cocktails: strong and smooth with a crisp and compelling finish.