Pink 47 Martinez
PINK 47 MARTINEZ
One of the presumed predecessors to the modern Martini: a much sweeter concoction.
- Glass: Cocktail
- Time: 2 mins
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Alcohol Units: 3.2
- Origin: 1850’s The original was first created
in California during the Gold Rush and was made with equal parts gin and sweet vermouth
1cl. Sweet vermouth
1cl. Maraschino liqueur
Angostura bitters - dash
Increase sweetness by adding more vermouth or liqueur if required.
2. When ready empty the glass
3. Shake out any remaining water
4. Fill the tin half of a cocktail shaker with ice
5. Add the gin, sweet vermouth, Maraschino liqueur, bitters
6. Shake vigorously then strain quickly
7. Pour into the chilled cocktail glass
8. Garnish with a cherry if liked
Pink 47 is a highly distinctive London Dry Gin offered in a unique diamond shaped bottle.
It is made using a delicious recipe carefully crafted in small batches with a mix of ten different botanicals
The result is a gin of full and complex flavour. Four times distilled and at 47% alcohol by volume, it is perfect for cocktails: strong and smooth with a crisp and compelling finish.