Pink 47 Negroni
PINK 47 NEGRONIA classy cocktail reputed to have been created by Count Camillo Negroni when he asked for his Americano to be made with gin instead of soda.
- Glass: hurricane or highball
- Time: 2 mins
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Alcohol Units: 2.6
- Origin: 1920 Count Camillo Negroni
at Bar Casoni, Florence
INGREDIENTS3cl. Pink 47 gin
3cl. Red Vermouth
9cl. Soda Water (optional)
GARNISHOrange slice & cocktail cherry
TIPSUse plenty of ice cubes to chill the drink quickly and reduce dilution.
Try this as a short cocktail shaken and served straight into a martini glass without the soda and an orange twist.
PREPERATION1. Chill a martini glass with ice and water
2. Fill the tin half of a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
3. Add the gin, vodka & lillet blanc and stir*
4. Empty the glass
5. Shake out any remaining water
6. Strain the cocktail into the glass
7. Garnish with a lemon twist
Pink 47 is a highly distinctive London Dry Gin offered in a unique diamond shaped bottle.
It is made using a delicious recipe carefully crafted in small batches with a mix of ten different botanicals
The result is a gin of full and complex flavour. Four times distilled and at 47% alcohol by volume, it is perfect for cocktails: strong and smooth with a crisp and compelling finish.