Pink 47 Martinez
PINK 47 MARTINEZ
One of the presumed predecessors to the modern Martini: a much sweeter concoction.
- Glass: Cocktail
- Time: 2 mins
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Alcohol Units: 3.2
- Origin: 1850’s The original was first created
in California during the Gold Rush and was made with equal parts gin and sweet vermouth
INGREDIENTS6cl. Pink 47 gin
1cl. Sweet vermouth
1cl. Maraschino liqueur
Angostura bitters - dash
GARNISHUsually none but try a cocktail cherry
TIPSChill the glass first and use plenty of ice in the tin to chill the drink quickly and reduce dilution.
Increase sweetness by adding more vermouth or liqueur if required.
PREPERATION1. Chill a martini glass with ice and water
2. When ready empty the glass
3. Shake out any remaining water
4. Fill the tin half of a cocktail shaker with ice
5. Add the gin, sweet vermouth, Maraschino liqueur, bitters
6. Shake vigorously then strain quickly
7. Pour into the chilled cocktail glass
8. Garnish with a cherry if liked
Pink 47 is a highly distinctive London Dry Gin offered in a unique diamond shaped bottle.
It is made using a delicious recipe carefully crafted in small batches with a mix of ten different botanicals
The result is a gin of full and complex flavour. Four times distilled and at 47% alcohol by volume, it is perfect for cocktails: strong and smooth with a crisp and compelling finish.