Pink 47 Martini – Classic
PINK 47 MARTINI CLASSICThe classic martini: a gin and vermouth cocktail uses equal parts of gin and vermouth.
- Glass: Martini
- Time: 2 mins
- Difficulty: 3/10
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Alcohol Units: 3.9
- Origin: 1850’s This recipe is from the
Gin & Vodka Association
INGREDIENTS6cl. Pink 47 gin
6cl. Extra dry vermouth
Angostura bitters - dash
GARNISHStuffed olive or lemon peel twist
TIPSThis cocktail needs to be cold! So chill the glass first and use plenty of ice in the tin to chill the drink quickly and reduce dilution.
*Stirring is preferable to shaking, which shatters the ice and dilutes the drink.
PREPERATION1. Chill a martini glass with ice and water
2. Fill the tin half of a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
3. Add the gin, vermouth, bitters if used and stir*
4. Empty the glass
5. Shake out any remaining water
6. Strain the cocktail into the glass
7. Garnish with olives or lemon twist as preferred
Pink 47 is a highly distinctive London Dry Gin offered in a unique diamond shaped bottle.
It is made using a delicious recipe carefully crafted in small batches with a mix of ten different botanicals
The result is a gin of full and complex flavour. Four times distilled and at 47% alcohol by volume, it is perfect for cocktails: strong and smooth with a crisp and compelling finish.