Pink 47 Martini – Vesper
MARTINI VESPERThis James Bond favourite is a strong Martini variant: gin, vodka and a kiss of Lillet Blonde.
- Glass: Champagne coupe or Martini
- Time: 2 mins
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Alcohol Units: 3.8
- Origin: From Ian Fleming’s Casino Royale
where it was James Bond’s cocktail of choice – named after Vesper Lynd, his double agent girlfriend
INGREDIENTS6cl. Pink 47 gin
2cl. Russian Vodka
1cl. Lillet Blonde
GARNISHLemon peel twist
TIPSLillet Blanc is a blend of Bordeaux Wine and Citrus Liqueur. If you can’t find it then dry vermouth and a dash of bitters works well.
*Stirring is preferable to shaking, which shatters the ice and dilutes the drink.
PREPERATION1. Chill a martini glass with ice and water
2. Fill the tin half of a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
3. Add the gin, the vermouths and stir*
4. Empty the glass
5. Shake out any remaining water
6. Strain the cocktail into the glass
7. Garnish with a lemon twist or olives
Pink 47 is a highly distinctive London Dry Gin offered in a unique diamond shaped bottle.
It is made using a delicious recipe carefully crafted in small batches with a mix of ten different botanicals
The result is a gin of full and complex flavour. Four times distilled and at 47% alcohol by volume, it is perfect for cocktails: strong and smooth with a crisp and compelling finish.