PINK 47 IS 4 TIMES DISTILLED TO ENSURE THE HIGHEST
QUALITY & SMOOTHEST TASTE
PINK 47 gin is distilled 4 times, the first 3 distillations are to produce the highest possible quality of alcohol that exceeds the requirements of the EU Spirit Regulations for London Gin.
There is then a fourth distillation of the ethyl alcohol in the presence of all the natural flavourings, often called 'botanicals' used.
This is carried out in small batches in a traditional 'pot still' unlike the continuous or column distillation process used for cheaper spirits. This is so that the mix, quality, temperature and all the other variables can be carefully monitored and controlled to consistently produce the distinctive PINK 47 taste and finish.
Our distillers have been making gin since 1761 and the PINK 47 distillery is located in Warrington, Cheshire in the UK.
WHY LOCATION IS KEY:
- One which is often forgotten is that the height of the distillery affects the character of the distillation process because the boiling points of water and alcohol are affected by altitude. Ours is only 28m above mean seal level (less than 100 feet).
- Much more important is the quality of the water. This is because after the fourth distillation the strength of the distillate will be well above 70% alchohol by volume, which is undrinkable. So before bottling it is necessary to reduce the alchoholic strength of the spirit to 47% by the addition of water, which makes the quality of the water very important indeed!
The PINK 47 distillery takes its water from Mid Wales and the River Dee, which rises in the Snowdonia national park. It is rigorously filtered and purified in a manner that preserves its essential character and origin.
Responsible ConsumptionPINK 47 supports a range of initiatives to promote responsible alcohol consumption and tackle alcohol related harm and the managing director is responsible for their application. These include (but are not limited to):
• Full support of the Portman Group standards
• Adoption of Contributions towards the finance of Drinkaware through licensing agreement and full adoption of its guidelines and labelling frameworks on our products (use the logo here)
• Support of Drinkaware campaigns where relevant
• Adoption of the Scotch Whisky Association Code on Responsible Marketing
• Internal commitment to an employee alcohol policy (including hosting), staff education, training, reporting and the setting aside of a budget to deliver these initiatives
PINK 47 is proud to be part of the Old St. Andrews range of alcohol brands.
Old St. Andrews is the designer, brand owner, bottler and distributor of premium and distinctive alcohol brands and design their products from UK headquarters in Kent, in conjunction with the world’s leading whisky blenders in Scotland and gin distillers from our country’s heartland.